Monday, March 3, 2008

Philippines: Moral and Political Issues

here's one very interesting post taken from the kapamilya pexer's newsletter:

Shall I now renounce my Catholic faith?
Posted by: "goingcrazymecrazy" goingcrazymecrazy@yahoo.ca goingcrazymecrazy
Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:25 pm (PST)


I have been a practicing devoted Catholic all my life. But this act of the CBCP, whose members are supposed to be the highest of our spiritual shepherds, was the proverbial last straw. I cannot accep the CBCP statement that goads the flock into following a leader that is constantly pushing them to the end of the hill. I strongly condemn this statement which asks the Resident Evil to even lead the moral crusade in fighting corruption when this Bitch is the one that is most corrupt. I vomit at the sheer hypocrisy of the Bishops' condemnation of corruption when they have not even lifted a finger against their own who have placed my religion in a despicable and scandalous position by accepting bribes themselves thus abetting further corruption.
I deplore the Bishops' indifference toward the deafening vox populi who for seven years have blindly obeyed their pastorals and restrained their indignation despite the continuing impunity of the agents of Satan, people now want a change to moral leaders but look who's stopping them. I reject the devise by which the Bishops want us to arrive at the truth - more open investigations, less media, less fanfare, more evidence, more witnesses - when the truth has been staring them in the eye all along. The Bishops seemed to have been convinced that the"legal" truth is the "real" truth. The real problem of Philippine society has now turned from political to moral.
The religious, for many of the rural folks, are the only educated people they happen to interact with that every word they say is gospel truth, no pun there, and when they look up to them not only for spiritual guidance but for other aspects of their existence, I can't imagine what values such religious workers could possibly inculcate when guided by the CBCP's stupidity.
In view of these, and after searching deep inside my soul, I will now commit to break loose from the chain of command of the Roman Catholic Church, and take all matters regarding my faith on a personal level and directly with my Creator. I will not receive the sacraments administered by priests whose leaders have effectively conspired and colluded with, abetted and propagated, the works of evil. I will not attend mass nor will I receive penance and communion until such time that the bishops acknowledge this mistake and make amends tocorrect it. Finally, I call on all Catholics to join me in this undertaking. We want change don't we, so why not include these bishops too?
*****
yes, the writer has a point there. but to take this matter into something negative specially about the church "I BEG TO DISAGREE!!!" in the strongest sense of the word.
yes, the cbcp's proclamations and actions may not be as we expected. but let us not forget that they're human. that is the exact reason that whenever i attend mass, i do not listen to the words as they speak but i take the words into my heart and look up to God's image and pretend that HE is the one speaking and not the priest...
catholicism is our religion but it is by sheer faith that it has survived the tests of time.. countless greedy and power-hungry leaders have come and gone, yet the catholic religion still stands as one of the most influential and powerful institutions in the world, because in the end it is God's love and the people's faith that keep it together.
time and time again, i will not allow weaklings and evil people to sway me into going against what i believe in. i was born a catholic and i will die a catholic..

No comments: