Sunday, February 17, 2008

Nice to be Home Again





oh please don't get me wrong, i love zamboanga city coz it's my birthland and my home city. but i love naga (zamboanga sibugay province) more because it's my hometown. it is where i spent my growing up years, and it was the one who helped build up my character and brought me where i am now.

it's such a nice feeling that after quite a long time of semi-hibernation (heheheh), it's coming back to life and into my life... and what's so dramatic about it is that it took me back with open arms and heart. no questions as to why i seemed to have forgotten or have ignored it for a long time... the old folks were simply happy that i finally came home and reconnected with them... such a great joy to see old friends who were still the same old chums that i went to school with, spent the happiest moments of my young life with, fought (mano mano) with hehehe, laughed and cried with...

i can still remember the times when; from a most comfortable life, our family had gone so down and almost out... it was really hard adjusting to our new life especially us kids who were not used to being left to our own device (nanay and tatay had to work double time just to put food on the table)... we belonged in the honors list and yet we can't compete with such meager income that was not even enough to pay off the bills... really broke my heart that we had to lose an angel at such a young age because nanay had to be away to finish her degree and left our little sister with a broken heart and we were too busy to notice... xmas celebrations were not really complete as our kuya reden and ate neng were in manila... and all this were heavy burdens that had left tatay cold and aloof (a complete turnaround from a warm and loving father)... all these took a toll on my health and made me ill for a long time...

we left naga almost 11 years ago, and would come back from time to time but never really interacted with the townsfolk....

but now, all is forgotten all is well. and everyone is oh so happy to see me back... alive and kicking with a little girl in tow...

No comments: